- In a browser, visit the Smart DNS page and whitelist your Linux machine's IP address
- Open a Terminal window
- Enter command sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf
- Enter your user password when prompted
- Enter the DNS address which appears on the Smart DNS page after the word nameserver
- After changes have been made press Ctrl+o to save changes, then Ctrl+x to exit the editor
After setting up TotalVPN DNS on your device, please reboot by turning on and off or restarting. You will then be fully configured to begin using SmartDNS services.